UPDATE. (2019) You can not buy USD Index funds in InteractiveBrokers if you are EU citizen/company.
So I got some cash idle in account after the crypto arbitrage and though we have 9 year bull market and even such tables:
1997 -2000 +2x
2000 -2002 -50%
2002 -2007 +2x
2007 – 2009 -50%
2009 -2018 +~3x
I still believe there is 50/50 chance for Bull/Bear market in next 10 years. (currentS&P500 is @ 2767)
My initial idea with stock market was to make an passive index myself, buying stocks from S&P500 for the same amount. Buy i noticed it takes too much time, so i decided to go for the index funds and delete the IB trader app from my laptop.
The problem: foreigners can not buy low cost Vanguard index funds. The solution: I decided to buy iShares ETFs by BlackRock.
I have chosen:
- ITOT Expense ratio 0.03%. (6.6% of my stock portfolio)
- IJR Expense ratio 0.07%. (15% of my stock portfolio) (Small cap companies)
- ICOL Expense ratio 0.61% (9% of my stock portfolio) (Columbia)
- QQQC Expense ratio 0.65% (10% of my stock portfolio) (Chinese tech companies)
My current strategy is to continue investing in P2P loans with collateral, after the market crash of 20%+ start accumulating ITOT.
- 40% of my stock portfolio is invested in indexes/ETFs
- 9% of my net worth is invested in stock market.
- 6.8% of all stock portfolio is in Softbank
Currently i hold these stocks: