Housers – P2P lending platform from Spain.
exposure in Spanish and Italian real estate market.
- the returns are below 10%
- Customer support’s english level is poor. My questions about the platform were not answered either by Marketing department either by customer support. UPDATE: When i wrote a personal message to the CEO about the problem, I got the message from the marketing department that they will call me – guess what – no one called me 🙂
- The registration for EU company as an investor is challenging.
- It is not clear who are the owners of the funded projects, because some projects are given to the platform from third parties and some of them are their own.
- Company is very secretive in their CrowdCube equity raising (see the discussions part where they answer many questions “we can not answer that because of the confidentiality clause”
- Expected return – looks scammy. (see my Valencia example)
Do the projects have first rank mortgage?
Housers reply (the grammar not fixed. Copy/paste): As general rule
Saving opportunitites. Yes, unless otherwise stated
Investment opportunitities. No, usually second after the bank. Bank is less that 20%
Fixed rate opportunities: Case by case
In nay case, the loan has more privileges than being a shareholder
Example project in Valencia.
2017 last week of August i went to Valencia to look for real estate investment. Having done research on Idealista I think I knew the market at some level so I could value example project provided by Housers.
The advertised project Joaquin Sorolla with expected return of 7.61%
Property Area (m2) 114, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom
Elevator – No (second floor that starts with ground floor)